Blogging is a great way to share your daycare’s personality with potential clients and keep your current families up to date. There are four things to keep in mind when it comes to your child care center’s blog.
- Audience: Remember you’re writing for parents of young kids.
- E-A-T: The articles on your blog help you show Google that your website is a high-quality source of child care information.
- Relevancy: Your blog posts should all be relevant to your business, your location and your customers.
- Consistency: Posting on a regular basis, whether it’s once a week or once a month, helps your posts reach more parents.
Infusing your blog post with these four elements routinely can be a challenge. Here are 10 daycare blog ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Step-by-step instructions for crafts, games, songs and other activities teachers are using at your center. Parents will be able to recreate the activities with the whole family at home! This is an idea you can use over and over again with seasonal or holiday-themed activities.
- The best books, toys and other activities for a specific age based on the stages of a child’s development.
- Recipes for your classes’ favorite snacks and meals. Note which steps kids can help with at home.
- Your center’s daily routine. This blog idea is great for parents researching child care options. It helps them get a feel for what a day at your daycare is like.
- Kids say the darndest things. Share your favorite kid quotes on your blog.
- Local activities the whole family will enjoy. Include kid-friendly restaurants, fun museums, playgrounds and libraries. Talking about your neighborhood and city is important for local SEO!
- Walk parents through baby proofing their house or apartment.
- A testimonial from one of your longtime families.
- Milestones in child development that parents should be looking for and celebrating.
- Reviews of products you use in your center, like a new toy or different kind of organizational tool parents might find useful.