Instagram and daycares work in perfect harmony. The visual elements of your classroom and your daily activities find their home in a platform that idealizes imagery above all else.
Convert to a Business Account
If you already have an established Instagram account for your daycare, it’s okay! Instagram makes it easy to convert an existing account to a business profile. Tap Settings > Account > Switch to Business Account. You will start to see the benefits of having a business profile right away but there are a few more areas you’ll want to fill out first.
Click Edit Profile:
- Use your logo in the Profile Photo area.
- Click on “Category.” For daycares, we suggest selecting Local Business with School as the subcategory. When this is complete, a Contact button will appear at the top of your profile. When users click on it, they will be prompted with the information you provided.
- Fill out the “Contact Options” section in its entirety. Make it easy for followers to contact you by whatever method they prefer.
Link Your Facebook
Tap Settings > Account > Linked Accounts > Facebook and enter your Facebook login information.
You can also link your accounts through your Facebook page. Tap Settings > Instagram > Connect.
Create a New Account
If you don’t have an Instagram account yet, follow the instructions below to create the right type of account for your center. You’ll want access to business features like a call to action, promotions and Instagram Insights. Insights will help you learn about your followers. You can analyze your audience by demographic information like age, gender, location. Instagram also offers business accounts details like post engagement and which days of the week your account is the busiest.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone. You can also create an account using www.instagram.com.
- Enter your information and click Sign Up
- Tap Settings > Account > Switch to Business Account
- Follow the steps above to edit your profile.
- Start sharing your photos!